Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 55 of 186 (Week 9)

We're on to Week 9! I think the time point I'm looking forward to is getting to week 14 so I can say we're halfway there. Only 5 weeks to go until then...

I am SO relieved R passed skidpan. We have 2 more driving tests to get through and I know I'm going to be nervous for both of them. His roommates both passed skidpan too so that was a relief as well.

So the senior class of cadets graduated on Friday and I was so proud to see all the photos and videos of graduation. Only being 9 weeks in, I have the utmost respect for the cadets who make it all 27 weeks. It always makes me emotional to think about R getting to that graduation day and me getting to pin him. When I'm sad or frustrated about R being away, I try and think of that day to get me through. 

The junior cadets worked various jobs during graduation and R took up directing traffic. I can only imagine how handsome he looked in his cadet blues, greeting eager families pulling into the academy. I joked with him that I should've snuck in just to drive by and see him standing there directing cars. He mentioned there was a day care where families could leave little ones during graduation and he wished he had maybe done that job instead. He would've been great at it, kids absolutely love R. 

We were nervous this week would be a little painful, considering the senior class would be gone and all the attention would be on his cadet class. We did make sure to study the 10 codes a little harder this weekend and polish his boots extra well, just in case.

He also has liberty this Wednesday, so we're excited about that. I don't want to jinx anything so as I type this, I'm knocking on any and all surrounding wood but R has been flying under the radar lately, in terms of attracting attention, which is really good. He mentioned a cadet getting 7-8 gigs in one day last week and I had flashbacks to our Weeks 2-3 experiences with multiple gigs. Let's hope it stays this way for R!

His company (Company A) earned their flag yesterday, which is given to them by staff office. R said that was good, it means they're doing something right. 

Also, R is down 44 lbs! :) He's looking great.

So Week 9 is upon us, let's hope it goes quickly!

And Congrats to CTC II-14 on graduation, well done cadets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment