Friday, August 22, 2014

Welcome to our newest chapter

Hi there,

First off, welcome! I'm E and a soon-to-be-cadet's wife. My cadet will be referred to as R, and I'm guessing most of the people reading this blog know who we are.

R was invited into CTC-III-14 (the name of his cadet class) at the CHP Academy starting on Monday, August 25, 2014. Getting an invitation into the academy was a long road and it wasn't easy. Months of background checks, a myriad of tests (including a rigorous physical test) and evaluations are done to ensure the highest quality of cadets. For both R and I, the journey has been about 2 years in the making so we're so excited to finally be at this point!

This road hasn't been without its doubts. When R told me he was interested in becoming a CHP officer, it took me awhile to accept the life path he wanted to lead us down. And if I'm being honest, there will always be reservations in my mind because being in law enforcement has its risks, with R's safety always being the top one. But this is what he wants to do, and I support him wholeheartedly in chasing that dream. I also have faith that his intense training at the academy will put him in the best shape of his life, mentally and physically to do the job at hand. I'm already dreaming of that pinning ceremony in February 2015... :)

For our friends and family, as well as ourselves, this will be a time of adjustment. R is the type of guy who is always there for everyone; answering computer/phone/internet questions, helping friends move, offering to DD and the list goes on. Now, it's our turn to be there for him. I'll have more info on how to do that in my next post.

So welcome along on our newest life chapter! The next 6 months will be quite difficult for R but God willing, it will result in him graduating from one of the finest law enforcement agencies in the world!

Please pray for him, keep him in your thoughts and wish him all the best! Feel free to comment on all our posts, I'll make sure to read them to him on the weekends. :)

Sincerely,
E







No comments:

Post a Comment